Bringing Customers Quality Every Day, Every Time.
At Gordon Food Service, quality is our daily commitment to you. We have a dedicated team of highly-trained Quality Assurance specialists who are responsible for ensuring the quality and food safety of every product available through Gordon Food Service.
For both Gordon Food Service and nationally branded products, our mission is to ensure that each product meets defined standards of food safety and product quality. We achieve this through industry-leading, repeatable processes that engage all aspects from farm/field to fork (including product creation, manufacturing, transportation, distribution, and end-user application). These processes require a team approach and key Gordon Food Service staff are properly trained and strategically placed to maintain these standards throughout the business. We also utilize key metrics by supplier and customer to evaluate our performance and seek measurable ways to implement continuous improvements for food safety, sanitation, and consistency.
Guidelines, Practices and Procedures
Our Quality Assurance Team has developed comprehensive programs and a complete set of guidelines, practices, and procedures that cover all aspects of our business. To be complete, these food quality and safety processes must be maintained through supplier to Gordon Food Service to customer. Here is a brief overview of our programs:
- All new suppliers must pass our extensive qualification process
- Gordon Food Service branded suppliers must adhere to detailed product specifications
- All suppliers are required to have annual third party quality, food safety, and sanitation audits
- Comprehensive customer incident process and supplier follow-through
Distribution Center Standards
- All of our distribution facilities must meet comprehensive food safety programs that meet or exceed the requirements of Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), United States Department of Commerce, and our customers
- A trained Quality Inspector is in every distribution center every day to ensure incoming products comply with our expectations
- Semi-annual third party audits are conducted to verify our food safety, sanitation, and quality systems
- Comprehensive recall notification process
- Regularly scheduled product sampling and testing to ensure product compliance with standards
- Incident handling process for timely and complete resolution
When you select Gordon Food Service as your foodservice distributor, you can be absolutely confident knowing that a team of dedicated, highly-trained quality professionals ensure you receive safe, consistent, and quality products every time.