10 Tips to Deliver Tastier Takeout
As patrons look to order more carryout & delivery, keep the good eats coming. McCormick’s Executive Chef Gary is here to help with these tips to optimize your current curbside pickup, takeout, delivery & drive-thru menu offerings.
1. Steak & Chicken – Let cooked meat sit before packing so it doesn’t steam itself inside the box. Just before packing, sprinkle with Grill Mates® Montreal Steak® Seasoning to create a mouthwatering aroma when customers first open the box at home.
2. Burgers - Sprinkle on some extra seasoning, like Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, just before hitting the griddle for extra flavor. Pack hot & cold ingredients separately to prevent bread from getting soggy & ingredients from wilting.
3. Fries – Shake on Lawry’s® Ranch French Fry Seasoning for a zesty take on fries. When packaging it to-go, include a tip card on how to reheat in an oven or air fryer at home for ideal crispiness.
4. Wings - Use a sauce that can be reheated or put additional sauce on the side to toss with wings once delivered. Our pick? A mix of Frank’s RedHot® Stingin’ Honey Garlic with black & white sesame seeds for an extra-signature sauce.
5. Pasta - Allow pasta to cool before adding sauce to maintain flavor & visual appeal. Score bonus points for including extra sauce to add at home with reheating instructions. Want to spice it up? Mix Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce with Alfredo Sauce for a buffalo kick.
6. Vegetables - Sprinkle on Grill Mates® Vegetable Seasoning to enhance the flavor of your grilled or roasted vegetables. To ensure veggies hold up in transport, try caramelizing veggies for beautiful color OR tossing with seasoning & oil, then roast on high heat for an intense flavor.
7. Tacos - It’s all about the build! Put a base, like lettuce, down first to catch the juices from the meat to keep your tortillas crisp or soft. Then, kick it up a notch with a Mojito Lime Crema. Simply add Grill Mates® Mojito Lime Seasoning to sour cream for a signature version.
8. Ramen - Take your base ramen & use a variety of seasoning blends to create signature flavors & expand your delivery menu. Want more umami? Add McCormick Culinary® Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning to amp up the flavor.
9. Salad - When it comes to salad ingredients, it’s about quality not quantity. If using a hot protein, wrap it separately & include assembly instructions. The finishing touch? Dressing! Add McCormick Culinary® Coarse Ground Black Pepper to ranch dressing to bring some extra zest.
10. Desserts - Simple desserts like a brownie, or milk & cookies can provide a sense of comfort & help create an emotional connection with guests, especially during these difficult times. Try adding McCormick Culinary® Ground Cinnamon to brownie batter for a flavor enhancement!
Discover more tips & tricks, as well as menu ideas geared for off-premise dining on McCormick For Chef’s website.