Alpine Waffle Iron Croissant
Prep Time5 minutes. Makes 1 sandwichsand.
- 1 ct. Sienna Bakery Sliced Butter Croissant
- 2½ oz. Alpine Gruyere Cheese
- 2 oz. Pepper Smoked Ham
- 1 oz. Fig Jam
- Heat a waffle iron to medium high.
- Add 1 oz. of shredded gruyere cheese to the inside bottom of the sliced croissant, followed by the shaved ham and another 1 oz. of gruyere cheese.
- Spray the waffle iron with pan spray (top and bottom), and sprinkle ¼ oz. of shredded gruyere in the bottom of the waffle iron where the croissant will go.
- Close the croissant and place the sandwich on the bottom grate of the waffle iron, sprinkling the top of the croissant with the remaining ¼ oz. of gruyere.
- Close the waffle iron and cook the sandwich for 3 minutes (or as directed by the waffle iron maker). Ensure there is enough pressure to create waffle grooves in the sandwich.
- To plate: Transfer the sandwich to your desired serving vehicle with a ramekin of fig jam.