Avocado and Green Pea Hummus
- 1 1/4 c. Primo Gusto Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. Sweet Vidalia Onions, diced
- 2 tsp. Roasted Garlic, fresh, chopped
- 2 lb. Avocados, fresh
- 2 lb. GFS Green Peas, thawed
- 4 ct. Limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Markon Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Mint Leaves
- 1 1/2 lb. Radicchio, fresh
- 2 1/4 lb. Markon Cauliflower Florets
- 2 1/4 lb. Markon Broccoli Florets
- 1 1/2 lb. Jumbo Carrots, fresh
- 1 1/2 lb. Seedless Cucumbers, fresh
- 1 1/2 lb. Yellow Peppers, fresh
- 6 oz. Markon Cleaned Radishes
1. Ladle 1 oz. of olive oil into a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add the onions and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the pan over medium-high heat until tender. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for 15 seconds. Allow to cool.
2. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit. Slice the into 1" squares while still in the skin. Scoop the avocado from the skin. Place in a stainless-steel bowl. Add the peas, sautéed onions and garlic, lime juice, cilantro, mint and 1 c. of olive oil to the avocado. Mix together thoroughly. In small batches, place the avocado mixture in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and purée until smooth. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Place a piece of film wrap directly on top of the hummus. Smooth the film out to prevent oxidation. Place a cover on the container, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
To prepare à la carte:
Take 1 or 2 radicchio leaves and use them to line the inside of a 1 oz. cup. Place the cup in the center of a chilled serving bowl and fill the cup with 4 oz. of avocado hummus. Alternate 1 oz. each of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers and yellow bell peppers around the edge of the bowl next to the radicchio cup. Place 1/4 oz. of radish julienne on top of the hummus.