Prep Time10-15 minutes. Makes 2-4 servings.
- 6 ct. Anchovies in Oil (2 oz. cans)
- 3 Tbsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Fresh Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch Markon Ready-Set-Serve Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- ¼ lb. Gordon Choice Unsalted Butter
- Drain the oil from the anchovies into a sauté pan and heat.
- Add the chopped garlic to the heated oil and sauté until the garlic starts to color.
- Combine the anchovies with the garlic-infused oil and mash it into a paste.
- Wash and drain the parsley, removing the leaves from the stems.
- Chop the parsley leaves to a medium-fine consistency and add it to the anchovy/garlic mixture.
- Turn off the heat and continue to soften the parsley and combine with the paste.
- Combine 2-3 Tbsp. of the anchovy paste with the butter in a small butter warmer or container over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally to melt the butter to create a warm dipping sauce.
- Surround the bagna cauda with fresh Italian bread, savoy cabbage leaves, fresh bell peppers, hot peppers, carrots and celery or other fresh vegetables for service.