Baja Crab Salad Spread
- 8 oz. Poblano Peppers
- 4 lb. Lump Crab Meat
- 1 c. GFS Heavy-Duty Mayonnaise
- 1 c. GFS Sour Cream
- 1 c. Markon Stalk Celery
- 1/4 c. Markon Cleaned Shallots
- 1/4 c. Markon Italian Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East No MSG Seafood Seasoning
- 2 ct. Markon Limes, zested
- 6 oz. Markon Conventional Spring Mix
- 1/4 c. Jalapeño Peppers, fresh
- 6 oz. Radishes, fresh
- 4 3/4 lb. Gran Sazón Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
1. Place the whole peppers on an open-range burner. Char the pepper skin on all sides. Place in hotel pan. Allow to cool uncovered. Scrape the the charred skin off of the peppers using a paring knife. Remove the cores and seeds. Scrape off any excess seeds. Small-dice the peppers.
2. Place the crab meat, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, shallots, parsley, Dijon mustard, seafood seasoning and 1 Tbsp. of lime zest in a chilled stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together with a rubber spatula, being careful not to break up the crab. Place in a nonreactive storage container, cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
To prepare à la carte:
Place 1/4 oz. of spring mix on the front of a chilled serving plate. Place 4 oz. of the crab salad on top of the spring mix. Place 3 jalapeño slices and 1 Tbsp. of radishes on top of the crab salad. Place 3 oz. of tortilla chips next to the crab salad.