Banh Mi Burger
- 1 ct. Premium Angus Beef Angus Steakburger Patty, 8 oz.
- to taste GFS Iodized Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ct. GFS Hamburger Bun with Seeds, 5", thawed
- 3/4 oz. Seedless Cucumber, sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 oz. Radish, sliced on a mandoline
- 7-9 sprigs Cilantro, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 oz. Pickled Asian Carrots
- 2 c. Water
- 1 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 oz. GFS Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Matchstick Carrots
- 1 oz. Sriracha Dijon Mayonnaise
- 1 qt. Gordon Signature Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 oz. Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 oz. Country Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- to taste Kosher Salt
Pickled Asian Carrots
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Place the water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the matchstick carrots to a nonreactive storage container. Pour the brine over the carrots. Cover the storage container, label, date, and refrigerate for 12 hours or up to 2 days. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Sriracha Dijon Mayonnaise
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Place all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix well. Transfer to a covered container, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Season the burger patty with salt and black pepper. Cook on a char-grill or flat grill to desired doneness. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 155°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Toast the insides of the top and bottom halves of the bun under a heated salamander or broiler until golden-brown. Place the bottom half of the bun on a warmed serving plate and top with the beef patty. Place the cucumbers, radishes, cilantro, carrots, and mayonnaise on the burger. Place the top of the bun on the burger.