Barbecue Chicken Tacos
- 8 oz. GFS Smoked Pulled Chicken, shredded, warmed
- 4 oz. GFS Sweet Barbecue Sauce
- 2 ct. Gran Sazón Corn Tortillas
- 1 oz. GFS Feather Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 oz. Markon Shredded Lettuce, ?" cut
- 1 oz. Tobacco Onions
- 6 lb. Markon Jumbo Onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- to taste Trade East Cayenne Pepper
- to taste GFS Iodized Salt
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Deep fry onions in small batches until caramelized, resembling pieces of shredded tobacco. Remove from the fryer and drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Hand-shred the chicken then warm. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Add the barbecue sauce and combine. Using a pair of tongs, separately place tortillas in a heated deep-fryer for 4-5 seconds. Place on paper towel to drain. Place tortillas on a warm serving plate. Spread the chicken down the center of the tortillas. Add ½ oz. cheese to each taco. Place under a heated salamander or broiler to melt the cheese. Place ½ oz each of lettuce and tobacco onions on top of each taco.