Prep Time30 to 120 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- 10 oz. Beef Steak, cut of preference
- 3 ct. Trade East Bay Leaves, fresh
- 4 ct. Black Garlic Cloves
- 1 ct. Markon White Onion, large, peeled and sliced crosswise into rounds
- 6 ct. Calamansi, or 1 Lemon and 1 Lime
- ½ c. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 3 ct. Bird’s Eye Chili
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Peppercorns, freshly cracked
- Combine all ingredients in a dish (except steak, onions, salt and pepper) to make a marinade.
- Reserve half to marinade and half to make the sauce.
- Coat the steak and onions in the marinade and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the steak and onions from the marinade.
- Rub the steak and onions in oil.
- Season both with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Grill the steak and onions to desired doneness and let rest before serving.
- Prepare the sauce by adding the oil and the other half of the marinade to a large sauce pan on high heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Pour over the steak.