Braised Asian Baby Bok Choy
- 12 lb. Baby Bok Choy
- 1½ gal. (Recipe) Asian Chicken Stock
- 1 gal. Hearthstone Chicken Broth
- ¼ c. Soy Sauce
- ¼ c. Oyster-Flavored Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Asian Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger Root
- 1½ lb. Markon Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1½ c. GFS Fancy Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Hulled Whole Sesame Seed Spice
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Whole Black Sesame Seed Spice
(Recipe) Asian Chicken Stock
Place all ingredients in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to cool. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for later service.
Trim blemished ends off the bok choy. Slice in half lengthwise. Place side by side in a single layer in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 8 oz. of bok choy in a nonreactive saucepan just large enough to hold four halves. Pour 8 oz. of warmed Asian chicken stock over the top of the bok choy. Cover. Bring to a boil.Remove the cover. Sprinkle 1 oz. of shiitake mushrooms over the top of the bok choy. Replace the cover. Simmer for 5 minutes or until just cooked through.
2. Place the bok choy side by side in a heated serving bowl. Angle them in so the tops are touching. Keep the mushrooms together. Spoon them on top of the center of the bok choy. Pour the stock over the top of the bok choy.
3. Place 1 Tbsp. of toasted coconut on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle ¼ tsp. of white and black sesame seeds over the top of the bok choy and stock.