Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice’
- 2 tsp. GFS Canola Oil
- 4 oz. Markon Cauliflower Crumbles
- 1 ct. Large Egg, beaten
- 1 oz. Markon Broccoli Florets, cut into small florets
- 1 oz. Markon Jumbo Celery, finely diced
- 1 oz. Red Peppers
- 1 oz. Jicama, trimmed and julienned on a mandoline
- 1 oz. Green Cabbage, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 oz. GFS Peas and Carrots Mix, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Cilantro
- 2 oz. (Recipe) Coconut Thai Sauce
- 2 qt. Coconut Milk
- 6 Tbsp. Trade East Thai Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
(Recipe) Coconut Thai Sauce
1. Combine coconut milk, Thai seasoning, sesame oil and garlic in a nonstick sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer 4-5 minutes.
2. Let cool. Transfer to covered storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add cauliflower. Drizzle the beaten egg over the top of the cauliflower. Immediately stir the egg into the cauliflower using a spatula. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add broccoli, celery, red peppers, jicama, cabbage, peas and carrots and cilantro. Stir continuously over medium-high heat for 1 minute, or until warmed through. Add coconut Thai sauce. Stir together another 30 seconds. Spoon onto a warmed serving plate.