Cauliflower Pizza with Italian Chicken Sausage
YieldMakes 4 slices.
- 1 ct. Gordon Choice 10” Cauliflower Pizza Crust, frozen
- 3 oz. Recipe: Red Pepper Pizza Sauce
- 3 lb. Markon Red Peppers
- 6½ lb. Primo Gusto Pizza Sauce w/Cheese
- 3 oz. Primo Gusto 2% Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 oz. GFS Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
- ½ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Arugula
Recipe: Red Pepper Pizza Sauce
1. Fire roast the red peppers over the range-top burner until the skins are blistered and charred. Place the peppers in a small stainless steel bowl and cover with film wrap. Let the peppers cool for about 30 minutes.
2. Working on a cutting board, remove the stem end from the peppers and discard. Split the peppers in fourths lengthwise, following the contour of the pith and ribs. Remove the seeds and core and discard. Lay the pepper quarters flat, skin-side up. Using a paring knife, scrape the blistered skins to remove the charred exterior, wiping the knife as you go to keep the work surface clean. When the skins are removed, use a paper towel to dab away other charred specks.
3. In small batches, purée the pizza sauce and roasted red peppers together. Place in a covered container, label date and refrigerate for future service.
1. Layer each frozen crust with red pepper pizza sauce, followed by mozzarella and then the Italian chicken sausage crumbles.
2. Place pizza on the middle rack of a preheated 425°F oven (or on a sheet pan) and bake for 7-11 minutes or until cheese is bubbling, slightly browned and the edges are golden-brown.
3. Remove pizza from the oven and add arugula.
4. Cut into quarters and serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Fat: 10 g.
Sodium: 376 mg.
Carbohydrates: 22 g.