Chef Scotty’s Housemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
Prep Time15 minutes. Makes 8 Servings.
- 1 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 c. Chopped and Peeled Shallots (red onion may be substituted)
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Tarragon Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 3 c. Vegetable Oil
1. Place balsamic vinegar, shallots, brown sugar, dried tarragon leaves, kosher salt, and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until thoroughly mixed.
2. While the processor is running, slowly pour in vegetable oil.
3. Store under refrigeration in a sealed container for up to 7 days. Shake well before use.
Chef Scotty Petersen is head chef and part-owner of Speak EZ Lounge in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Chef Scotty prides himself on running his operation the hard way, without cutting corners.