Chicken Breast and Grits
- 12 oz. Primo Gusto Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 24 ct. Skin-on Double Lobe Chicken Breasts, 8 oz.
- to taste GFS Iodized Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 4 1/2 qt. Goat Cheese Grits
- 1 oz. Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1/2 c. Cleaned Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. GFS Unsalted Butter Prints
- 1/4 c. Markon Italian Parsley, chopped
- 3 qt. Creole Sauce, warmed
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Brush each side of the chicken with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on a heated char-grill or broiler, skin side down. Rotate the chicken to create hash marks. Turn the chicken over and grill until cooked through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 165°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Place 6 oz. of grits in a nonstick sauce pan. Add a small amount of stock or water to reheat. Cook until warmed. Place 1 Tbsp. of butter and 1/2 tsp. parsley in a heated nonstick sauté pan. Swirl until the butter has melted. Place the grits in the center of a warmed serving plate. Place the chicken on top of the grits. Pour the parsley butter over the chicken. Spoon the warmed creole sauce around the outside of the grits.