Chicken Breast Quinoa Duxelles
- 24 ct. GFS Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Trade East Salt, to taste
- Trade East Black Pepper, to taste
- 24 oz. Recipe: Red Quinoa Duxelles
- 5 lb. Markon Button Mushrooms
- 1 oz. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Markon Shallots, diced finely
- 2 c. White Wine
- 24 oz. Red Quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. Markon Fresh Thyme, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Markon Italian Parsley, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6 oz. Primo Gusto Fancy Shred Parmesan Parmesan Cheese
- 4 1/2 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes, cooked and warmed
- 3 tsp. GFS Pan Coat Spray
- 1/4 c. GFS Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Red Bell Peppers, trimmed and sliced into strips
- 2 1/4 lb. Hearthstone Roasted Chicken Gravy, warmed
- 4 1/2 lb. Blended Sunshine Bean and Carrot mix, cooked and warmed
Recipe: Red Quinoa Duxelles
1. In small batches, pulse-chop the mushrooms into small granular-size pieces. Transfer to a stainless-steel mixing bowl.
2. Add oil to a heated, nonreactive rondeau. Add the shallots. Sauté until tender. Add white wine and bring to a boil. Add mushrooms, red quinoa and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring frequently. Allow moisture reduce to almost a dry consistency. Let cool. Stir in chopped parsley. Transfer to a storage container.
1. Place chicken breast on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread 2 oz. of duxelles on top of each chicken breast. Place in a heated 350°F convection oven. Cook up to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle 1/4 oz. of shredded Parmesan cheese on top of the duxelles of each chicken breast. Return to the oven until the cheese has melted.
2. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Spray the sliced side of the potatoes with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle. Cook until golden-brown and warmed through.
3. Place 1/2 tsp. of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 1 oz. of red peppers to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the pan over medium heat until warmed through.
4. Ladle 1 1/2 oz. warmed roasted chicken gravy on the front of a warmed serving plate. Place a warmed chicken breast on top of the gravy. Place 2 oz. of warmed bean-carrot blend at the top of the plate next to the chicken. Place peppers on top. Place 3 oz. of potato halves grilled-side up next to the vegetables.