Chicken Stew and Biscuits
- 15 oz. GFS Chicken Gravy Mix
- 4 Tbsp. Trade East Garlic-Herb No Salt Seasoning
- 6 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes, small dice
- 1 oz. GFS Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Diced Carrots
- 1 lb. Markon Diced Onion
- 1 lb. Markon Diced Celery
- 5 lb. GFS 1/2” Diced Chicken, thawed
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lb. GFS Cut Super Sweet Corn, thawed
- 64 ct. GFS Buttermilk Biscuits, thawed
- 1 oz. Trade East Paprika
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Bring 4 qt. of water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Gradually add contents of chicken gravy package into water, whisking until smooth. Add garlic and herb seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk until blended.
2. Place the potatoes in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over the top of the potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Spread onto a parchment-lined sheet pan in a single layer.
3. Place canola oil in a heated rondeau. Add carrots, onions and celery. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the gravy, chicken, mushrooms and corn. Bring to a boil. Stir frequently. Simmer 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
4. Spread containers out on parchment-lined sheet pans. Scoop 20-oz. portions into the containers. Cover loosely with film wrap. Immediately place the tray on a rack and refrigerate. CCP: Product must be cooled from 135°F to 70°F within 2 hours, and from 70°F to 41°F or less within 4 additional hours. Let cool completely. After cooling, remove the film and place 4 biscuits on top of the stew. Sprinkle paprika on top of the biscuits before covering and storing in the refrigerator until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below. Store in a single layer.
Microwave: Remove lid. Cook on regular cycle 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Oven: Remove lid. Place container on a metal sheet pan. Bake in in a heated 300°F oven for 30 minutes, or until warmed through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 165°F within 2 hours.