YieldMakes 24 14-oz. servings.
- 5 ct. Sienna Bakery French Baguette, thawed
- ½ c. Primo Gusto Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 6 lb. Chorizo Sausage Link
- 1½ lb. Jumbo Spanish Onions, sliced into strips
- 1½ lb. Markon Green Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1½ lb. Red Peppers, sliced into strips
- 1½ lb. Yellow Peppers, sliced into strips
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 12 oz. Avocado
- 6 ct. Markon Limes, quartered
- 32 oz. Recipe: Chimichurri Sauce
- 8 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Parsley, trimmed
- 8 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Cilantro, trimmed
- 8 oz. Green Onion, diced
- ¼ oz. Jalapeño Peppers, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic in Water
- ½ c. Primo Gusto Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ c. GFS Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Iodized Salt
- ½ tsp. Trade East Ground Black Pepper
Recipe: Chimichurri Sauce
1. In small batches, place the parsley, cilantro, green onions, jalapeño and garlic in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse-chop to desired consistency. Place in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Add the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Slice a baguette and brush the cut side with olive oil. Grill the bread oiled-side down until golden-brown.
2. Place 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a heated sauté pan over medium heat. Add 4 oz. of chorizo and quickly cook on one side. Add 1 oz. each of the vegetables. Toss pan over medium high heat until lightly caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut an avocado into slices. Squeeze the juice of a lime quarter on the avocado.
4. Place the sausage mixture on the baguette. Top with avocado slices and serve with 1 Tbsp. of chimichurri sauce.