Churrasco Island Sandwich
YieldMakes 24 14-oz. servings.
- 24 ct. GFS Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, Double-Lobe, 8 oz.
- ½ c. Trade East Blackened Seasoning
- 6 oz. GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 24 ct. Gordon Choice Sliced Jumbo Hamburger Buns, toasted
- 1½ lb. GFS Monterey Jack Cheese, sliced
- 48 slices Recipe: Charred Tomatoes
- 3 lb. Markon Large Tomatoes
- 4 oz. Gordon Choice Vegetable Salad Oil
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Trade East Black Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp. Trade East Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1½ lb. Jumbo Spanish Onions, sliced and grilled
- 12 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Shredded Lettuce
- 1½ lb. Jalapeño Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1½ lb. Recipe: Basil Mayonnaise
- 2 lb. GFS Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 1 oz. Markon Fresh Basil, trimmed
- 2 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Trade East White Ground Pepper
Recipe: Charred Tomatoes
1. Slice tomato into ¼” slices.
2. Brush lightly with salad oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
3. Grill on the hottest part of the grill very quickly until the surface is charred.
Recipe: Basil Mayonnaise
Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until the basil is finely chopped. Transfer to a covered storage container. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1. Place a piece of film wrap over the chicken. Pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet into uniform thickness. Sprinkle the chicken breast with 1 tsp. of the blackened seasoning. Spray the seasoned chicken with pan spray. Place oiled-side down on a heated char-grill or broiler. Cook on both sides to desired doneness.
2. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of the chicken. Place under a heated salamander or broiler to melt the cheese.
3. Place the bottom half of the bun on a warmed serving plate. Place the chicken on the bun. Place 2 warmed tomato slices on top of the cheese. Place 1 oz. of warmed onions on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle ½ oz. of lettuce over the onions and top with 5 jalapeño slices. Drizzle with 1 oz. of basil mayonnaise and place the top bun on the sandwich.