Clam Chowder Poutine
YieldMakes 24 20-oz. portions.
- 1 1/2 qt. Chardonnay*
- 1 1/2 c. Markon Cleaned Shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 c. GFS Grade AA Unsalted Butter
- 12 lb. Littleneck Clams, thawed
- 1/2 c. Markon Fresh Italian Parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 12 lb. GFS 3/8” Extra Long Fries
- 1 1/2 gal. GFS Clam Chowder, warmed
- 1/2 c. Markon Jumbo Celery, separate inner leaves
*Available through the retail market.
1. Place 1/4 c. of chardonnay, 1 Tbsp. shallots and 1 Tbsp. of butter in a nonstick sauté pan. Add half of the clam liquid and 8 oz. of clams to the pan. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, or until the clams open and are just warmed through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for 15 seconds. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of parsley over the top of the clams. Toss pan to evenly mix.
2. Place 8 oz. of french fries in a 350°F deep-fryer. Cook 3 1/2 minutes or until golden-brown and just warmed through. Mound the fries in a warmed serving dish. Ladle 8 oz. of warmed clam chowder over the top of the fries. Scatter the clams over the top of the fries. Sprinkle 8-10 celery leaves over the top of the clams and fries.