Crispy Prosciutto Field Greens Salad
- 1½ lb. Primo Gusto Prosciutto Ham
- 4½ lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Conventional Spring Mix
- 3 lb. Markon Essentials Extra-Fancy Braeburn Apples
- 1½ lb. Blue Cheese
- 24 oz. Recipe: Pickled Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Whole Fennel Seed
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Pickling Spice
- 2½ qt. Harvest Valley 100% White Grape Juice
- 3 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 lb. Dried Cranberries
- to taste Trade East Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Pepper
- 24 oz. 24 oz. Recipe: Clover Honey Vinaigrette
- ¼ c. Markon Lemons, juiced
- 1 qt. GFS Clear Canola Salad Oil
- 1 c. GFS Clover Honey
- 1 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 48 oz. Recipe: Sweet Onion Confit
- 8 lb. Sweet Vidalia Onions
- 1 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ c. Chardonnay Wine
- 1½ c. Harvest Valley 100% Apple Juice
- ¾ c. GFS Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¾ c. GFS Medium Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
Recipe: Pickled Cranberries
1. Place the pickling spice, fennel and peppercorns in a piece of cheesecloth. Tie the top closed with a piece of butcher's twine to make a sachet.
2. Place the grape juice, vinegar, salt and the sachet in a nonreactive pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Add the cranberries. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove the sachet.
3. Place the cranberries with the cooking brine in a nonreactive storage container. Allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
24 oz. Recipe: Clover Honey Vinaigrette
1. Remove the zest from the lemons and finely chop; 2 Tbsp. will be needed. Juice the lemons on an electric juicer;¼ c. will be needed.
2. Place the canola oil, honey, rice vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt and white pepper in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. Whisk together thoroughly before each use.
Recipe: Sweet Onion Confit
1. Slice the ends off of the onions. Slice in half end to end. Slice widthwise⅛" thick widthwise. Place the olive oil in a heated, nonreactive rondeau. Add the onions. Sauté until caramelized and tender.
2. Add the white wine, apple juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the onions. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid has reduced and the onions are almost dry. Stir frequently. Allow to cool. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1. Slice the prosciutto into½ oz. pieces on an electric slicer. Place the slices side by side on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a heated 325°F convection oven. Cook 10 minutes or until crunchy. After baking, the meat will have 50 percent yield. Place in a storage container. Cover until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 3 oz. of spring mix, 2 oz. of apple and 1 oz. each of blue cheese and pickled cranberries in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended. Mound on a chilled serving
2. Drizzle 1 oz. of clover honey vinaigrette over the top of the salad mixture. Crisscross two ¼ oz. pieces of crispy prosciutto on the top center of the salad. Spoon 2 oz. of onion compote on top of the prosciutto.