Curry Chicken Quinoa Salad
YieldMakes 28 8-oz. portions.
- 1/2 c. GFS Canola Oil
- 2 lb. Jumbo Carrots, julienned thin on a mandoline
- 2 lb. Markon Cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 2 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Brussels Sprouts, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Braeburn Apples
- 2 ct. Markon Lemons
- 1 lb. Shelled Edamame
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Red Seedless Grapes, halved lengthwise
- 28 oz. Red Quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Shredded Red Cabbage
- 4 1/2 lb. Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, thawed
- 14 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Lemony Arugula
- 14 oz. (Recipe) Curry Lemon Yogurt Dressing
- 1 lb. GFS Sour Cream
- 1 lb. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 ct. Markon Lemons, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Curry Powder
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
(Recipe) Curry Lemon Yogurt Dressing
1. Combine all ingredients. Whisk together thoroughly.
2. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. Mix well before each use.
1. As needed, place the oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Cook each vegetable separately over medium-high heat. Sauté the vegetables just long enough to caramelize. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on parchment-lined sheet pans in a single single layer. Refrigerate, uncovered, to cool.
2. Quarter the apples. Remove the core. Medium dice with the skin on. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over the apples, mixing thoroughly.
3. Place the carrots, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, edamame, grapes, apples, quinoa and 4 oz. of red cabbage in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service. Best used in 24 hours.
To prepare à la carte:
Place 6 oz. of salad, 3 oz. of chicken and 1/2 oz. of arugula in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of curry lemon yogurt dressing over the top of the salad. Spoon onto a chilled serving plate.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
Saturated Fat: 1.5
Trans Fat: 0