Fajita Chicken Paratha Taco
YieldMakes 24 14-oz. portions.
- 6 lb. GFS Fajita Chicken Breast Strips
- 1¼ oz. Trade East Ancho Chili Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 24 ct. Paratha Bread
- 1½ lb. Yellow Peppers, sliced into strips
- 3 lb. Markon Roma Tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- 3 c. GFS Salsa Verde
- 12 oz. Recipe: Cilantro Sour Cream
- 1 qt. GFS Sour Cream
- 6 oz. GFS Cream Cheese
- ¼ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Zesty No Salt Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Trade East Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Trade East Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 12 oz. Markon Premium Iceberg Lettuce, sliced thinly
Recipe: Cilantro Sour Cream
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse-chop until well-blended.
2. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
1. Place 4 oz. of chicken in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of ancho seasoning over the top of the chicken. Mix with a rubber spatula until evenly coated. Spray a metal baking pan with cooking spray. Place in a 350°F convection oven until just warmed through.
2. Spray a heated flat griddle with cooking spray. Place 1 oz. of yellow bell peppers on the griddle. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until just warmed through.
3. Spray both sides of a paratha bread with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle. Cook on both sides until golden-brown and just warmed through. Form the bread by placing it into a taco stand.
4. Place the chicken on the bottom of the paratha bread. Place the warmed peppers and 2 oz. of tomatoes on top of the chicken. Ladle 1 oz. of salsa verde over the top of the chicken and vegetables. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of cilantro sour cream over the top of the vegetables and salsa verde. Spread ½ oz. of lettuce on top of the cilantro sour cream. Place on a warmed serving plate.
Nutritional Info (per 14 oz. serving)
Fat: 19 g.
Sodium: 1,550 mg.
Carbohydrates: 35 g.
Protein: 31 g.