Fonio Breakfast Porridge
- 3 c. Pearled Fonio
- 8 oz. Golden Raisins
- 1½ qt. Water
- 1½ qt. Whole White Milk
- 1½ lb. Markon Strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- ¾ c. GFS Honey
- 6 oz. GFS Walnut Pieces, toasted
- 3 oz. GFS French Vanilla Granola
1. Combine the fonio and raisins in a nonreactive saucepan. Whisk in the water and milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, constantly stirring. Keep warm for service.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 8 oz. of the fonio porridge in a warmed serving bowl. Place a sliced strawberry at the back edge of the bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of honey over the top. Sprinkle ½ oz. of walnuts, and ¼ oz. of granola over the fonio.
2. Serve with your preferred dairy or nut milk.