Fried Carrot Chips
YieldMakes 9 0z.
- 8 oz. Jumbo Carrots
- ¼ oz. Recipe: Pistachio Almond Dukkah
- 1 oz. Salted Roasted Pistachios, in shell
- 1 oz. Gordon Choice Slivered Almonds
- ¼ oz. Trade East Whole Caraway Seeds
- ¾ oz. Trade East Hulled Sesame Seeds
- ¾ oz. Trade East Black Sesame Seeds
- ½ oz. Trade East Onion Flakes
- ¼ oz. Trade East Whole Poppy Seeds
- ½ oz. Kosher Salt
- Shell the pistachios.
- In two sauté pans, pan toast the pistachios and almonds separately until they are just warmed through and fragrant. Allow to completely cool.
- Using a food processor or spice mill, separately pulse process the nuts until they are coarsely ground and as uniform as possible.
- Pan-toast the caraway and sesame seeds together in a sauté pan until fragrant and just warmed through, then allow to cool.
- In a spice grinder, mince the onion flakes carefully to match the uniformity of the other spices.
- Add to a stainless steel bowl with the poppy seeds and salt, then mix with a spatula to fold together all the ingredients.
- 1 oz. Recipe: Yogurt Ranch Sauce
- 1 lb. Plain Yogurt Greek
- 2 oz. Buttermilk 1%
- 2 tsp. Trade East Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Trade East Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Gordon Choice Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1½ tsp. Gordon Choice Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Markon Chives, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Dill, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Whisk until completely combined and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Store in deli containers under refrigeration.
- ¼ tsp. Markon® Dill
Recipe: Pistachio Almond Dukkah
Recipe: Yogurt Ranch Sauce
- Preheat a fryer to 350°F. Peel the carrots and reserve the peels for other recipes.
- Using a mandoline, shave the carrots lengthwise 1/16” thick. (Jumbo carrots create the widest surface area and the biggest chips.)
- Fry the carrot chips with the baskets removed, turning with a spider (1-2 minutes).
- Remove the chips, allowing the excess oil to drip away, and transfer to a half-size sheet tray lined with paper towel.
- Liberally season with the dukkah.
- To plate, nest a mound of carrot chips in the center of a serving plate. Using a squeeze bottle, drizzle the yogurt ranch over the chips.
- Garnish with dill.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 430 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 5 g