Fruit Stack Muffin Sandwich
YieldMakes 24 8-oz. portions.
- 24 ct. Whole Wheat English Muffin
- 3 tsp. GFS Pan Coat Spray
- 1 1/2 lb. Cranberry Yogurt Spread
- 8 oz. Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 2 lb. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Clove Honey
- 6 c. Markon Gala Apples, sliced thin
- 6 c. Markon Strawberries, trimmed and sliced thin
- 6 c. Fresh pineapple, trimmed and sliced into rings
Cranberry Yogurt Spread
1. In small batches, fine-chop the cranberries in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
2. Place the yogurt in a chilled stainless-steel mixing bowl. Add the cranberries and honey to the yogurt. Mix together thoroughly.
3. Transfer to a covered storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41ºF or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Separate the top of the muffin from the bottom. Lightly spray the inside of the halves with pan spray. Place oiled-side down on a heated flat griddle. Grill until golden brown.
2. Spread 1 Tbsp. of cranberry yogurt spread on the bottom half of the muffin. Place 1/4 c. each of apples, strawberries , and pineapple on top of the yogurt. Spread 1 Tbsp. of cranberry yogurt on the toasted side of the top half. Place yogurt side down on top of the pineapple.