Garden Vegetable Club
- 3 lb. Fresh Red Beets
- 1½ pt. Primo Gusto Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 48 ct. Sliced Italian Ciabatta Bread, thawed
- 6 lb. Eggplant, peeled and sliced ⅛” thick
- 12 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Baby Arugula
- 8 oz. Recipe: White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 qt. Primo Gusto Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ c. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Shallots, minced
- 1 tsp. Trade East White Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 lb. Kohlrabi, thinly sliced on mandoline
- 1½ lb. Radishes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2¼ lb. Recipe: Dilled Cream Cheese
- 2 lb. Gordon Choice Cream Cheese
- ½ oz. Markon Fresh Dill, chopped
- ½ oz. Markon Fresh Italian Parsley
- 2 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Trade East White Ground Pepper
Recipe: White Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Transfer to a nonreactive covered storage container or plastic squeeze bottle and refrigerate until needed. Mix well before each serving.
Recipe: Dilled Cream Cheese
1. Place all ingredients in the stainless steel mixing bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed. Scrape down sides of bowl until thoroughly mixed.
2. Transfer to a covered storage container. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1. Wash the beets. Place them on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a 350°F convection oven. Roast until tender. Allow to cool. Peel the skin. Portion into ⅛"-thick slices. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Brush 1 side of 2 pieces of bread with olive oil. Place oiled-side down on a flat griddle or grill. Grill until golden-brown.
2. Brush 4 oz. of eggplant with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the eggplant on a heated grill or char-broiler. Grill until just cooked through. Place on one of the pieces of bread with the grilled side out.
3. Place 2 oz. of beets and ½ oz. of arugula on top of the eggplant. Drizzle 2 tsp. of white balsamic vinaigrette over the top of the arugula. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place 2 oz. of kohlrabi and 1 oz. of radishes on top of the arugula. With the grilled side out, spread 1½ oz. of dill cream cheese on the second slice of bread. Place the top on the sandwich. Slice in half on the bias. Place on a serving plate.