Grilled Bacon Jam Sandwich
Prep Time30 minutes. Makes 24 12-oz. servings.
- 48 ct. Italian Ciabatta Bread, Sliced
- ¼ oz. Gordon Choice Buttery Canola Pan Spray
- 96 oz Recipe: Bacon Jam Spread
- 2 c. Water
- 1 lb. Dried Cranberries
- 4 lb. Gordon Choice Sliced Bacon, 18–22 ct.
- 5 lb. Markon Essentials Spanish Jumbo Onions, trimmed, small dice
- 1 lb. Orange Bell Peppers, trimmed, small dice
- 2 c. Gordon Choice Ketchup
- 2 c. Gordon Choice Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Trade East Restaurant Grind Black Pepper
- Boil water and cranberries in a sauce pot and simmer 1–2 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat.
- Slice the bacon into ¼" pieces, widthwise. Place in a heated rondeau. Cook over medium heat until browned and crispy. Place in a strainer. Allow to drain. Reserve the bacon.
- Place 2 oz. of reserved bacon fat in a heated rondeau. Add onions and orange peppers. Cook until the onions are browned and tender. Add the cranberries and liquid, the ketchup, heavy cream, salt and black pepper. Cook until liquid has reduced by half and mixture begins to thicken. Add the bacon. Simmer 1–2 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the mixture to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. In small batches, pulse-chop to create a coarse spreadable consistency. Refrigerate until needed.
- 3 lb. Fuji Apples, quartered, cored and sliced thin on mandoline
- 48 ct. Brickman’s Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 12 oz. Wild Baby Arugula
- 12 oz. Recipe: Green Goddess Avocado Dressing
- 4 ct. Lemons
- 1½ lb. Green Avocados
- 1 qt. Gordon Choice Sour Cream
- 1 qt. Gordon Choice Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 1 oz. Fresh Italian Parsley, trimmed
- 1 oz. Fresh Basil, trimmed
- 1 oz. Fresh Chives
- 1½ Tbsp. Trade East granulated onion
- 1½ Tbsp. Trade East granulated garlic
- 1½ Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Trade East Restaurant Grind Black Pepper
- Zest the lemons using a microplane. Squeeze the juice through a strainer. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of zest and ½ c. of juice.
- Slice the avocado around the pit lengthwise. Remove the pit and discard. Scoop the avocado from the skin with a large kitchen spoon. Dice into ¼" pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender in small batches and purée until smooth.
- Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk the batches together. Adjust desired consistency with cold water, if necessary. Place in a storage container. Refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Bacon Jam Spread
Recipe: Green Goddess Avocado Dressing
- Spray 1 side of 2 pieces of ciabatta bread with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle oiled side down. Cook until golden brown.
- Place the toasted side down. Spread 4 oz. of warmed bacon jam on the bread. Shingle 2 oz. of apples out on top of the jam. Place 2 oz. of white cheddar cheese on the apples. Place under a heated salamander to melt the cheese.
- Place ½ oz. of arugula on top of the cheese. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of green goddess avocado dressing on top of the arugula. Place the second piece of grilled bread on a warmed serving plate, grilled-side up. Shingle the bacon jam sandwich on top of the bread on the serving plate.