Grilled Flowering Kale
- 6 oz. Flowering Kale, trimmed.
- 1 oz. Primo Gusto Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Chopped Garlic in water
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Restaurant-Grind Black Pepper
- 1 oz. Yogurt Sauce
- 2 lb. Fat-Free Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1¼ tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- ½ oz. GFS Roasted Salted Jumbo Cashews, chopped into ¼" pieces
Wash hands. Place all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date, and refrigerate until needed. Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Place kale leaves, olive oil, and garlic in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together with a rubber spatula until leaves are coated with oil. Place on a heated char-grill or broiler over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until ends of kale are lightly browned and leaves are tender. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Place in a heated serving bowl. Drizzle yogurt sauce over the kale and sprinkle with chopped cashews