Grilled Lime Mojo Pork
- 1 1/2 c. Primo Gusto Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 c. Limes, juiced
- 1 oz. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 oz. Trade East Ground Cumin Spice
- 1/4 oz. Jalapeño Peppers, finely minced
- 1 oz. Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1/2 c. Cleaned Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. GFS Iodized Salt
- 1 tsp. Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 8 lb. Davis Creek Meats Pork Loin Rack, cut into 2-bone chops
- 2 oz. GFS Vegetable Salad Oil
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Large Tomatoes, finely diced
- 16 oz. Avocado Tomatillo Cream, warmed
- 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 c. Chunky Avocado Pulp, thawed
- 4 oz. Tomatillo Tomatoes, trimmed
- 1/2 oz. Diced Green Onions, 1/4"
- 2 1/2 oz. Limes, juiced
- 2 oz. Cilantro, cleaned
- to taste GFS Iodized Salt
- 8 tsp. Markon Fresh Chives, chopped
Avocado Tomatillo Cream, warmed
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Combine all items in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place in a covered storage container, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. In a 4-qt. bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, cumin, jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cut the pork rack into 2-bone chops. Trim the meat around the bones until they are Frenched. Marinate the chops for at least two hours and up to overnight. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
To prepare à la carte:
Grill a pork chop on a char-grill, creating crosshatch marks on both sides of the chop. Transfer the chop to a baking pan and place in a heated 400°F oven for 10 minutes or until desired doneness. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Heat a small sauté pan until hot. Add 1½ tsp. salad oil and swirl. Add 3 oz. diced tomatoes and sauté until warmed. Ladle 2 oz. avocado tomatillo cream onto the center of a warm plate. Place the cop in the center of the sauce. Spoon diced tomatoes around the plate. Garnish with chopped chives.