Grilled Squash Bagna Cauda
- 9 lb. Markon Medium Zucchini
- 9 lb. Markon Medium Yellow Squash
- 6 lb. (Recipe) Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 6 lb. Organic Rainbow Carrots
- ¾ c. GFS Pure Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 3 c. (Recipe) Bagna Cauda
- 3 c. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean
- 6 oz. Anchovy Fillets
- 1½ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve® Peeled Garlic
- 8½ oz. GFS Unsalted Butter Prints
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Pepper
- 24 Tbsp. Crispy Milanese Bread Crumbs
- 6 oz. Primo Gusto Imported Parmesan Cheese, Fancy Shredded
- 12 oz. (Recipe) Haystack Onions
- 8 lb. Markon Jumbo Spanish Onions
- 3 lb. Bleached All-Purpose Pastry Flour
(Recipe) Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots
1. Leave the carrots unpeeled but trim off blemishes. Slice any thick carrots in half lengthwise to create uniform-size pieces. Place in a stainless-steel mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the carrots and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place the carrots on a parchment-lined sheet pan in a single layer. Place in a 350°F convection oven and roast 20 minutes or until lightly caramelized and tender. Allow to cool. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
4. To reheat, place the carrots on a metal baking pan with a small amount of water and bake in a 350°F convection oven for 3-4 minutes.
(Recipe) Bagna Cauda
1. Place 1 c. of olive oil, anchovies and garlic in a blender. Purée until smooth.
2. Place the remaining olive oil and the puréed olive oil mixture in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute.
3. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
4. To serve, warm in a microwave or sauté pan and whisk thoroughly.
(Recipe) Haystack Onions
1. Set an electric slicer at #7 and slice the onion into thin rings.
2. Toss the onions to separate rings.
3. Toss small batches of rings in the flour and transfer the floured rings to a mesh strainer and shake off the excess flour.
4. Place the floured rings in a fryer basket.
5. Deep-fry the onions in 350°F oil.
6. Remove from oil, drain and serve.
Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into 4"-long, ¼"-wide sticks and place in separate storage containers.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 6 oz. each of zucchini and yellow squash and 4 oz. of whole roasted rainbow carrots in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of bagna cauda over the vegetable mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
2. Place on a char-grill and cook on all sides until warmed through. Stack the vegetables in a warmed serving dish. Drizzle 1 oz. of bagna cauda over the vegetables. Sprinkle the vegetables with 1 Tbsp. each of shredded Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Stack ½ oz. of warm onions on top of the vegetables.