Halperns' Angus Beef Chateaubriand (Tenderloin)
- 16 oz. Halperns’ Angus Beef Chateaubriand (Tenderloin)
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Trade East Kosher Salt Flakes
- 4 oz. (Recipe) Peppercorn Whiskey Sauce
- 1/4 c. Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 2 oz. Olive Oil
- 2 oz. Whiskey, preferably a sweeter variety, such as Jack Daniels or Crown Royal*
- 2 oz. Honey
- 2 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Beef Base
- 1 tsp. Trade East Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- to taste Trade East Kosher Salt Flakes
(Recipe) Peppercorn Whiskey Sauce
*Available through the retail market.
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until browned.
2. Add the whiskey and reduce.
3. Add the heavy whipping cream and the honey and simmer on low heat.
4. Add the beef base, pepper and salt.
5. Cook on low until the sauce has thickened. If you want a thicker sauce, you can add a cornstarch slurry.
1. Rub the tenderloin with the salt and pepper. Sear the the beef in a hot pan coated with olive oil to crust the outside.
2. Place the meat on hot pan and cook in a 350°F oven until the internal temperature reaches 125°F.
3. Remove the meat and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. During this time, the internal temperature will rise 10 degrees.
4. To plate, serve the Chateaubriand topped with the Peppercorn Whiskey Sauce.