Halperns' Angus Beef Short Ribs with Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
YieldMakes 3 servings.
- 1 ct. Short Ribs Plate, whole
- 1/2 c. Trade East Coffee Rub
- 3 c. GFS Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 2 ct. Sweet Potato
- 3 slices Bacon, diced
- 1 oz. Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. Yellow Onion, diced
- 6 oz. Olive Oil
- to taste Salt
- to taste Pepper
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Rub the short rib in the coffee rub and place in the smoker, using a mix of peach and hickory for smoking.
2. Cook for 5 hours at 280°F. Baste the meat with BBQ sauce, and then wrap in foil and cook for another 2 hours inside the foil. The meat should be fork tender at this point.
3. When finished, let the short ribs cool in the refrigerator before trying to cut. For service, grill the bones and baste with sauce. Sauté the sweet potatoes in the olive oil until tender. Add the bacon, onions, peppers and garlic. When browned add salt and pepper to taste.