Harissa Honey-Glazed Chicken
Prep Time2 minutes. Makes 1 14-oz. serving.
- 8 oz. Skin-On Chicken Drumsticks
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ oz. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Recipe: Harissa Honey Glaze
- 8 oz. Gordon Choice Honey
- 2 oz. Harissa
- Combine the honey and harissa in a small saucepan over low heat and whisk until the glaze is noticeably more loose.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the glaze to a squeeze bottle.
- For service, keep the glaze warm in a bain-marie with hot water.
- 3 oz. Couscous Salad with Feta and Mint
- 2 oz. Recipe: Toum Sauce
- 3 oz. Markon Lemon, juice only
- 2½ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 1 oz. Dijon Mustard
- 3 oz. White Wine Vinegar
- 15 oz. Gordon Choice Extra Virgin/Canola Oil Blend
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Add 3 oz. of lemon juice to a blender.
- Add the garlic cloves, Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar.
- Purée the ingredients until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the oil until fully emulsified.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle until needed.
- 2 g. Rainbow Microgreens
Recipe: Harissa Honey Glaze
Recipe: Toum Sauce
- Preheat a char-grill to high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken for about 4 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155°F.
- Apply half of the glaze to the chicken and continue to grill so the glaze caramelizes slightly.
- Remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 165°F, and transfer to a sheet tray for plating.
- Place the couscous salad on a plate, followed by the chicken. Add the remaining glaze to the chicken.
- Spoon the toum into a tight mound and create a well with walls of the sauce on each side.
- Garnish with microgreens and serve.
This recipe originally appeared in the Gordon Food Service Foodscape publication.