Hawaiian Loco Moco
- 9 lb. Basmati Rice, prepared
- 3 lb. Red Quinoa, prepared
- 24 ct. GFS 1/5 lb. Beef Patty, thawed
- 6 lb. (Recipe) Mushroom Beef Gravy
- 1 oz. GFS Canola Oil
- 8 oz. Vidalia Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Crushed Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 100 oz. Hearthstone Roasted Beef Gravy
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 24 ct. Prepared Homestyle Fried Egg Patty, thawed
- 1/2 c. Markon Italian Parsley
(Recipe) Mushroom Beef Gravy
1. Place the canola oil in a heated, nonstick saucepan. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
2. Add the gravy and Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir continuously. Simmer 3 minutes. Allow to cool. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Place the rice and quinoa in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place a burger patty on a heated flat griddle. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook on both sides until just cooked through.
2. Place 1 c. of warmed quinoa rice in a nonstick sauté pan. Cook until just warmed through.
3. Spoon the rice onto a warmed serving plate. Center the burger patty on top of the rice.
4. Ladle 4 oz. of warmed mushroom beef gravy over the top of the burger and the rice.
5. Place a warmed egg patty on top of the burger and gravy. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of parsley over the top of the egg.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Fat: 29 g.
Sodium: 526 mg.
Carbohydrates: 154 g.
Protein: 33 g.