Jicama, Fingerlings, and Fennel Salad
- 6 lb. Russian Fingerling Potatoes
- 4 ½ lb. Markon Jicama, julienned on a mandolin
- 1 ½ lb. Fennel, sliced thin
- 48 oz. Habanero Sour Cream
- 2 c. GFS Sour Cream
- 2 c. GFS Mayonnaise
- 6 Tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Navel Orange, zested and minced
- 1/10 oz. Habanero Chile Peppers, minced
- ½ oz. Markon Italian Parsley, chopped
- 3 lb. Markon Romaine Hearts, sliced thin
- 12 oz. Markon Jumbo Carrots, shaved
- 1 oz. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Habanero Sour Cream
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. 1] Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, granulated onion and garlic, orange zest, habañero, and salt in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly. 2] Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. 1] Place potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until just cooked through. Drain immediately. 2] Rinse in cold water until well chilled. Drain. Slice in half lengthwise. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41ºF or below.
To prepare à la carte:
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. 1] Place 4 oz. of potatoes, 3 oz. of jicama, 2 oz. of fennel, 2 oz. of habanero sour cream, and 1 tsp. of parsley in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly using a rubber spatula. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 2] Place 2 oz. of sliced romaine on a chilled serving plate. Make a well in the center of the romaine. Place the salad mixture in the center of the well. 3] Place ½ oz. of carrots in a small stainless-steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 1/8 tsp. of olive oil over the carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Place carrots on top of the salad.
Nutritional Info (per serving)
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 26 g.
- Sodium: 300 mg.
- Carbohydrates: 35 g.
- Protein: 4 g.