Korean Honey Buttered Tots
YieldMakes 1 6-oz. serving .
- 6 oz. Potato Tater Tots
- ½ oz. Recipe: Korean Honey Butter Glaze
- 8 oz. Gordon Choice Clover Honey
- 4 oz. Gordon Choice Unsalted Butter
- 2 oz. Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Trade East Red Cayenne Pepper
- In a heavy-bottomed, nonreactive sauce pot add the honey, butter, brown sugar and cayenne pepper over medium heat.
- Whisk until the mixture is warmed and fully combined.
- Use for glazing and additional recipe needs.
- 1 oz. Turkey Ham Uncured, diced
- 1 ct. Gordon Choice Scrambled Egg Patty
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Green Onion, sliced
- ½ tsp. Trade East Hulled Sesame Seeds
Recipe: Korean Honey Butter Glaze
- Preheat a convection oven to 425°F on high fan.
- Add the frozen tots to a small nonstick pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Add ½ oz. of glaze to the warmed pan and toss the tots to coat evenly.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake the tots with the diced turkey ham for up to 2 minutes until the glaze caramelizes the outside of each tot and the turkey ham is warmed through.
- In a convection oven at 250°F place the egg patty on a perforated sheet tray or hotel pan that has been lightly greased with pan spray. The egg patties can be heated up from frozen or thawed. From frozen, bake for 10-12 minutes or from a thawed state, bake for 8-10 minutes. Once reheated through to at least 165°F, remove the egg patty from the oven and reserve for plating.
- Plate the egg patty down first with the glazed tots and turkey ham nested directly on top. Garnish with thinly sliced scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Meal Pattern Equivalents: 2¼ oz. meat/meat alternate, 1 c. starchy vegetable
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Fat: 25 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 880 mg
Carbohydrates: 49 g
Protein: 12 g