YieldMakes 24 8-oz. servings.
- 3 lb. Falafel Mix
- 3½ c. Water
- 6 oz. Pomegranate
- 6 lb. Recipe: Lamb Sausage Merguez
- 10 lb. Halperns’ Ground Lamb
- 1 c. GFS Tomato Paste
- ¼ c. Chopped Garlic
- ¼ c. Trade East Sea Salt
- ¼ c. Trade East Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Ground Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Whole Fennel Seed
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1½ Tbsp. Trade East Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Trade East Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1½ lb. Markon Green Peppers, diced
- 1½ lb. Red Peppers, diced
- 1½ lb. Yellow Peppers
- 1½ lb. Sweet Vidalia Onion, diced
- ¼ c. GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 24 ct. Sienna Bakery Naan Dippers
- 3 oz. Hummus
- 2 Tbsp. Sumac Powder
- 1½ oz. Markon Fresh Italian Parsley
Recipe: Lamb Sausage Merguez
1. Place all ingredients in a chilled stainless steel electric mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until blended. Be careful not to over mix. Transfer to a stainless steel hotel pans. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
1. Place the falafel mix and water in a stainless steel bowl. Mix thoroughly. Let rest 30 minutes to before use.
2. Slice the pomegranate in half and immerse in a bowl filled with cold water. Turn the skin inside out. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the membrane will float to the top. Discard the membrane. Pour the seeds into a fine mesh strainer and drain. Place in a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Using an orchid disher, place 3 scoops of falafel mix in a heated 350°F fryer. Deep-fry for 4½ minutes. Place on paper towel and allow to drain.
2. Place 4 oz. of sausage in a heated nonstick pan. Add 1 oz. each of the peppers and onions. Toss over medium heat until tender.
3. Spray both sides of the paratha bread with cooking spray. Grill on a flat griddle. Slice into quarters.
4. Place 3 oz. of hummus on a serving plate. Sprinkle with ⅛ tsp. of sumac powder. Add the falafel. Garnish with 1 Tbsp. of pomegranate seeds and 1 tsp. of parsley.