Lemony Arugula Pesto Chicken Naanwich
YieldMakes 24 6-oz. portions.
- 4 1/2 lb. Grilled Chicken Strips, thawed
- 12 oz. (Recipe) Lemony Arugula Pesto
- 2 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Spinach
- 2 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Lemony Arugula
- 5 c. GFS Canola Oil
- 2 c. Primo Gusto Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Pan Coat Spray
- 24 ct. Naan Flatbread
- 24 ct. Monterey Jack Cheese Slices
- 2 1/4 lb. GFS Roasted Red Peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 lb. Matchstick Carrots
(Recipe) Lemony Arugula Pesto
1. Place the spinach and arugula in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse-chop until smooth or to desired consistency. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
2. Add the canola oil, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly using a rubber spatula to form a uniform paste.
3. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Place the chicken in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add the lemony arugula pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Transfer to a storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Lightly spray the naan bread with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle. Cook on both sides for 1 minute each or until just warmed through.
2. Place 3 oz. of the warmed lemony arugula pesto chicken on a heated flat griddle. Cook until just warmed through. Spread the chicken on the bottom half of the warmed naan bread.
3. Slice a piece of cheese in half into rectangles. Place on top of the chicken, end to end lengthwise, so the chicken is covered. Place under a heated salamander to melt the cheese.
4. Place 1 1/2 oz. of red peppers and 1/2 oz. of pickled carrots on top of the cheese. Fold the naan bread over on top of the carrots. Place on a warmed serving plate.