Mediterranean Falafel Salad
- 4 lb. GFS Falafel Mix
- 6 c. Water
- 4½ lb. Markon Romaine Lettuce Hearts
- 2¼ lb. Markon Sweet Grape Tomatoes
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 2¼ lb. Seedless Cucumbers
- 1½ lb. Spanish Queen Olives, unstuffed
- 1½ lb. Jumbo Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 36 oz. Recipe: Creamy Tahini Dressing
- 32 oz. Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ c. Pure Ground Sesame Seed Tahini Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Markon Lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Trade East Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 1½ lb. Feta Cheese
- 7¼ oz. GFS Pignolia Raw Pine Nuts
Recipe: Creamy Tahini Dressing
1. Place all ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together until blended. Adjust to desired consistency with cold tap water if necessary.
2. Transfer to a non reactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1. Place 4 lb. of falafel mix and 6 c. of water in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate. Rest mix 30 minutes to reconstitute before use.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Similar to making drop biscuits, using a spoon drop seven ½ oz. portions of prepared falafel mix into a heated 350°F deep-fryer. Cook up to 3½ minutes or until golden-brown and just cooked through. Allow to drain.
2. Place 1 tsp. of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 1½ oz. of grape tomato halves to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over medium-high heat for about 15 seconds or just long enough to char the tomatoes. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
3. Add 3 oz. of romaine, 1½ oz. of cucumbers, 1 oz. each of green and black olives, to the charred tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended. Spoon onto a chilled serving plate. Drizzle 1½ oz. of creamy tahini dressing over the top of the salad. Sprinkle 1 oz. of crumbled feta and 1 Tbsp. of pine nuts over the top of the salad. Space the 7 pieces of falafel on the edge of the salad around the plate.