Prep Time3 hours. Makes 25 1-oz. servings.
- 4 oz. Recipe: Mushroom Pâté
- 10 oz. Large Raw Cashews
- 1 gal. Water
- 1 oz. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. Gourmet Mushroom Blend, minced
- to taste Kosher Salt (4 grams)
- 1 oz. Shallots, cleaned and minced
- 1 tsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic, minced (5 grams)
- ½ tsp. Markon Rosemary, minced (2 grams)
- 1 oz. Dry Sherry Wine
- 4 oz. Plant-Based Butter
- 1.5 oz. White Miso Paste (2 Tbsp.)
- ¼ oz. Tamari Soy Sauce (1/2 Tbsp)
- ½ oz. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 oz. Dark Robust Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. White Truffle & Sunflower Blend Oil (4g)
- as needed Trade East Ground Black Pepper (>1 gram)
- to taste Kosher Salt (3 grams)
- Soak the cashews in the water overnight under refrigeration. Alternatively, bring the water to a boil, remove from heat, add the cashews and soak for 3 hours.
- Reserve 1 oz. of the soaking liquid.
- Drain the cashews.
- Blend the reserved water and cashews.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add the minced mushroom and sauté. Use kosher salt to bring out their moisture.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with sherry and reduce until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring as needed.
- Remove from the heat and add three quarters of the mushroom mixture to a blender, reserving the remaining mushrooms.
- Add the butter and miso to a sauté pan and heat until the butter melts. Add to the blender.
- Purée the mushroom and butter mixture with the cashews, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, tamari and truffle oil until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the pâté to a mixing bowl and fold in the remaining mushroom mixture and refrigerate overnight
- Once completely chilled down, roll the pate in film to form a cylinder similar to compound butte. and refrigerate to solidify for slicing and service.
- 1 oz. Apricot Preserves
- ½ tsp. Markon Fresh Chives, minced
- as needed Edible flowers (optional)
- 5 ct. Recipe: Quattro Seed Crackers
- 12 oz. Water
- 8 oz. Golden Flax Seed Meal
- ½ c. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ c. Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Hulled Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp. Trade East Garlic Powder
- ¼ oz. Kosher Salt
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a convection oven to 350°F on high fan.
- Line a half-size sheet pan with a silicone sheet or parchment paper and evenly spread the seed mixture, covering the entire pan. A plastic bowl scraper works well.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and score into 2” x 2” squares with a pastry or pizza cutter.
- Rotate the pan and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break off each cracker. Reserve in a sealed container for service.
Recipe: Mushroom Pâté
Recipe: Quattro Seed Crackers
- Place the pâté on a plate.
- Spoon the apricot preserves next to the pâté.
- Garnish with minced chives and edible flowers (optional).
- Fan the crackers next to the pâté.