YieldMakes 24 14-oz. servings.
- 12 lb. GFS Ground Beef
- to taste Trade East Sea Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Pepper
- 3 lb. (Recipe) Nduja Sausage
- 1/4 c. Trade East Paprika
- 1/4 c. Trade East Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 c. Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Red Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East White Pepper
- 5 1/2 lb. GFS Pork Belly
- 5 1/2 lb. GFS Ham Proscuitto Halves
- 12 oz. Duck Fat
- 2 oz. Roasted garlic
- 3 tsp. GFS Canola Oil Pan Coating Spray
- 24 ct. GFS 4 1/4" Brioche Buns
- 24 ct. (Recipe) Hamburger Garnish
- 6 oz. Markon Green Leaf Lettuce
- 3 lb. Markon Large Tomatoes
- 6 oz. Markon Jumbo Red Onion
- 1 1/2 lb. GFS Hamburger-Sliced Dill Pickle Chips
(Recipe) Nduja Sausage
1. Place the paprika, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, cayenne and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together until blended.
2. Dice the pork belly and prosciutto into 1/4" pieces. Keep separate when chopping. In small batches, place the pork belly in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade. Pulse-chop into coarse granular pieces. Place in the chilled stainless-steel bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Place the prosciutto in the food processor. Pulse-chop into coarse granular pieces. Add to the bowl of the electric mixer with the pork belly. Add the duck fat, garlic and seasoning mixture.
3. Mix on the lowest speed until blended. Do not overmix. The pork belly and prosciutto should be in granular pieces small enough to be spreadable. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Refrigerate for 24 hours. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
(Recipe) Hamburger Garnish
Shingle 1/4-oz. piece of leaf lettuce, 2 1-oz. slices of tomato, a 1/4-oz. slice of red onion and 1 oz. of pickles on serving plate. Use as needed.
Hand-patty the burgers into 4 1/4" 8-oz. portions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pinch 2 oz. of nduja sausage into 1/4" small pieces. Going around one side of the patty, push 1 oz. of the nduja pieces into the burger. Turn the burger over and repeat the same procedure on the second side. Place in a storage container between parchment paper layers. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Spray the inside halves of the top and bottom of the bun with cooking spray. Place the bun, oiled-side down, on a heated flat-griddle. Grill until golden-brown.
2. Place a nduja burger on a heated flat-griddle. Cook on both sides to desired doneness. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 155°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
3. Place the hamburger garnish on the left portion of a serving plate. Place the bottom half of the bun on the plate next to the hamburger garnish grilled side up. Place the nduja burger on the bun. Lean the top half of the bun against the hamburger.