- 1 1/2 c. Green Onions
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Canola Oil Pan Coating Spray
- 3 lb. GFS 22” French Bread, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. Baby Arugula
- 48 oz. (Recipe) Nduja Sausage
- 1/4 c. Trade East Paprika
- 1/4 c. Trade East Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 c. Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Red Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East White Pepper
- 5 1/2 lb. GFS Pork Belly
- 5 1/2 lb. GFS Ham Proscuitto Halves
- 12 oz. Duck Fat
- 2 oz. Roasted Garlic
- 24 oz. (Recipe) Mustard Seed Relish
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Markon Jumbo Spanish Onion
- 2 qt. Water
- 2 c. Trade East Whole Mustard Seed
- 1/4 c. GFS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic Spice
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 6 ct. (Recipe) Pickled Matchstick Carrots
- 2 lb. Jumbo Carrots
- 1 qt. Water
- 2 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 c. GFS Granular Sugar Cane
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 c. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(Recipe) Nduja Sausage
1. Place the paprika, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, cayenne and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together until blended.
2. Dice the pork belly and prosciutto into 1/4" pieces. Keep separate. In small batches, place the pork belly in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse-chop into coarse, granular pieces. Place in the stainless-steel bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Place the prosciutto in the food processor. Pulse-chop into coarse, granular pieces. Add to the pork belly in the bowl of the electric mixer. Add the duck fat, garlic and seasoning mixture.
3. Mix on the lowest speed until blended. Do not overmix. The pork belly and prosciutto should be in granular pieces small enough to be spreadable. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Refrigerate for 24 hours. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
(Recipe) Mustard Seed Relish
1. Place the oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add the onions. Sauté until translucent. Allow to cool.
2. Place the water and mustard seeds in a nonstick sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 10-12 minutes. Place in a fine mesh strainer. Rinse under cold water. Allow to drain.
3. Place the mustard seeds, onions, cider vinegar, sugar, granulated garlic and salt in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
4. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
(Recipe) Pickled Matchstick Carrots
1. Trim carrots and julienne on a mandoline. Place the carrots in a nonreactive storage container.
2. Combine the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk until sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour the pickling brine over the top of the carrots.
3. Cover the storage container. Allow to set at room temperature for at least 3-4 hours. Drain before use.
1. Slice the scallion tops into thin 2”-3”-long thin strips. Place in ice water. Cover and refrigerate until the tops have curled. Drain and pat dry before use.
2. Spray both sides of 5 slices of bread with pan spray. Place on a heated flat griddle. Cook on both sides until just cooked through.
3. Place 1/4 oz. of arugula on the front half of a chilled serving plate. Place 2 oz. of the nduja sausage between two large spoons. Turn the spoons back and forth several times to achieve a football shape. Place on top of the arugula.
4. Spoon 1 oz. of mustard seed relish over the top of the nduja quenelle. Shingle the crostini on the back of the plate next to the nduja. Mix 1/4 oz. each of the green onion curls and pickled carrots on top of the mustard seed relish. Drizzle 1 tsp. of olive oil around the edge of the plate next to the arugula.