Prep Time5 minutes. Makes 1 serving.
- 1 ct. 6” Yellow Corn Tortilla
- 2 oz. Recipe: Cashew Queso
- 10 oz. Raw Large Cashews
- 1 gal. Water
- 1 ct. Markon Lime, zested and juiced
- ¾ c. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp. Trade East Mild Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Trade East Cumin
- 2 tsp. Trade East Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Trade East Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper
- Soak the cashews in the water overnight under refrigeration. Alternatively, bring the water to a boil, remove from heat, add the cashews and soak for 3 hours.
- Reserve 1 oz. of the soaking liquid.
- Drain the cashews.
- Blend the reserved water and cashews.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, nutritional yeast and the spices.
- Purée until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Place in a deli container and refrigerate.
- ¼ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Shredded Red Cabbage
- ¼ oz. Diced Green Chiles
- ½ oz. Sliced Avocado
- ½ oz. Recipe: Salsa Macha
- 2 oz. Blanched Raw Peanuts, chopped
- 14 g. Trade East Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 14 g. Granulated Ancho Chile Pepper
- 10 g. Trade East Smoked Paprika
- ¾ c. Nutritional Yeast
- 12 g. Kosher Salt
- 1 c. Famoso Pure Olive Oil
- 2 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic
- Add the chopped blanched peanuts, chipotle powder, ancho chile granules, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast and salt to a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Heat the olive oil to 350°F in a 2 qt. saucepan.
- Add the garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Remove with a mesh skimmer and place in a small conical strainer.
- Bring the olive oil back up to 350°F and pour it over the peanut and spice mixture, stirring to incorporate.
- Cool the mixture at room temperature.
- Fold the fried garlic into the cooled peanut and spice mixture. Place in a glass jar with a fitted lid.
- ⅛ oz. Recipe: Pickled Red Onions
- 2 lb. Markon Jumbo Red Onions
- 1 qt. Water
- 1 pt. Gordon Choice Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ c. Gordon Choice Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Peel, trim and cut the onions in half. Slice to 1/16” thick and completely separate.
- Combine the water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Whisk until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Bring to a boil.
- Add the onions to the boiling water and stir to ensure they are coated and equally distributed.
- Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Pour the onions and liquid into a storage container and cool under refrigeration.
- Cover the storage container and refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain before use.
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Cleaned Cilantro
Recipe: Cashew Queso
Recipe: Salsa Macha
Recipe: Pickled Red Onions
- Heat a char-grill to high and grill the tortilla until crisp on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the cashew queso on the tortilla.
- Add the shredded red cabbage, green chiles and avocado.
- Drizzle the salsa macha over the tlayuda.
- Garnish with pickled red onion and cilantro.