Paratha Crispy Shrimp Taco
- 6 lb. Breaded Shrimp
- 1 1/2 lb. GFS Canola Oil Pan Coating Spray
- 24 ct. Paratha Bread
- 24 oz. (Recipe) Curtido-Salvadoran Slaw
- 2 lb. Shredded Colored Cabbage
- 8 oz. Markon Medium-Shredded Carrots
- 2 oz. Green Onion, diced
- 6 oz. GFS Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Trade East Leaf Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- Trade East Salt, to taste
- Trade East Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. Markon Roma Tomatoes
- 2 1/4 lb. Avocados, trimmed and diced
- 24 oz. (Recipe) Lime Sour Cream
- 1 qt. GFS Sour Cream
- 1 ct. Lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. Trade East Grilling Dust Seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. Cilantro
(Recipe) Curtido-Salvadoran Slaw
Combine the cabbage, carrots, green onions, vinegar, oregano and crushed red pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
(Recipe) Lime Sour Cream
1. Combine the sour cream, lime zest, juice and seasoning in a stainless-steel mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
1. Place 4 oz. of shrimp in a heated 350°F deep-fryer. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown and just cooked through. Allow to drain. Slice each piece of shrimp in half. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
2. Form the paratha bread into a taco-shell holder. Spread 1 oz. of curtido out on the bottom of the shell. Place the shrimp halves on top of the curtido. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of lime sour cream on top of the shrimp. Sprinkle 1 oz. of tomatoes over the top of the shrimp.
3. Place 1 oz. of curtido on top of the shrimp and tomatoes. Sprinkle 1½ oz. of avocado over the top of the curtido. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of cilantro leaf pieces over the top of the curtido and avocados. Place on a warmed serving plate.