- 4 lb. GFS French Bread, thawed
- 6 oz. Primo Gusto Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lb. GFS Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- 4 lb. GFS Cream Cheese
- 2 lb. GFS Fine Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 c. Trade East Bread Dipping Seasoning
- 1/4 c. GFS Horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- to taste GFS Iodized Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Pepper Regular Grind
Wash hands. Slice the bread into 1/2 oz. slices or 30 slices per loaf. Lay them in a single layer on parchment-lined sheet pans. Brush one side with olive oil. Place in a heated 300°F oven, oiled side down, until the tops are dried and crunchy. Turn the slices over and cook until the top is dry and crunchy. Cover with film wrap for future service. Pat the roasted red peppers dry with paper towel. Place them in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse-chop to a granular consistency. Do not purée. Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bread dipping seasoning, Worcestershire, and horseradish. Mix on medium speed until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Place 6 oz. of spread into serving bowls or ramekins. Cover each dish with film wrap. Place in a covered storage container, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
To prepare à la carte
Place a ramekin of pimento spread on a serving plate and place 7 crostini on the plate next to the ramekin.