Pollock Po' Boy Sammie
YieldMakes 1 sandwich.
- 3 ct. Whole-Grain Breaded Pollock Stix
- 1 ct. Whole-Grain Mini Sub Roll Dough
- 1 oz. Recipe: Old Bay Dressing
- 4 lb. Gordon Signature Real Mayonnaise
- 1 qt. 1% Buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 oz. Sriracha Sauce
- Place the mayonnaise, buttermilk, Old Bay Seasoning and hot sauce in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
- 1 oz. Markon Tomatoes
- 1 ct. Gordon Choice Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve ⅜" Cut Shredded Lettuce
Recipe: Old Bay Dressing
- Place the frozen pollock on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 14-16 minutes (375°F for 9-11 minutes if using a convection oven).
- Proof and bake the dough according to package directions, then slice the roll and toast under a broiler or salamander.
- Spread ½ oz. of the Old Bay dressing on the bottom of the sub roll.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and pickles followed by the pollock sticks.
- Spread an additional ½ oz. of Old Bay dressing to the top of the sub roll followed by the iceberg lettuce.
- Place the top of the sub roll on top of the bottom to complete the sandwich and serve.
For mini sub rolls (Do this in advance)
- Place the dough for the desired number of rolls on a parchment-lined sheet pan, 20-25 pieces (4x5 or 5x5). Retard/Thawing at 35-38°F for 12-18 hours; or 60 minutes at room temperature. Remove from retarder and allow to stand at room temperature until the rolls double in size.
- Baking options: Rack oven: 375°F, 13-15 minutes. Deck oven: 400°F, 13-15 minutes with 10 seconds steam. Convection oven: 325°F, 13-15 minutes.
Meal Pattern Equivalents: 1½ oz. meat/meat alternate, 3 oz. grain, ¼ c. other vegetable, ⅛ c. red/orange vegetable
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Fat: 53 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 1449 mg
Carbohydrates: 49 g
Protein: 16 g