Pound Cake Churros
- 6 ct. 10” Pound Cake
- 4 ct. GFS Large Grade A Eggs
- 1 lb. Corn Starch
- 1 qt. Water
- 3 lb. (Recipe) Cocoa Cinnamon-Sugar
- 3 oz. Baking Cocoa Powder
- 3 oz. Trade East Ground Cinnamon
- 62 oz. Extra Fine Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 qt. Chocolate Milk
- 3 lb. Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 oz. GFS Cocoa Powder, placed in a shaker
(Recipe) Cocoa Cinnamon-Sugar
1. Sift the cocoa and cinnamon into a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix thoroughly.
2. Transfer to a covered storage container. Cover, label and date for future service.
1. Slice the frozen cake in half widthwise. Slice halves lengthwise into quarters. Slice lengthwise again into eighths. Place side by side between parchment-paper layers in a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
2. To prepare the batter as needed for service, place the eggs in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Beat with wire whisk. Add the water and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly using wire whisk. Cover with film wrap and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
3. Place cocoa cinnamon-sugar in a 4” stainless-steel half pan. Cover with film wrap until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Dip 4 pieces of cake in churro batter. Shake off excess batter and place in a 350°F deep-fryer. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until golden-brown and just heated through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for 15 seconds. Allow to drain.
2. Place in cocoa cinnamon-sugar. Toss cakes to coat with sugar mixture. Shake off excess sugar and stack on a warmed serving plate.
3. Pour 4 oz. of chocolate milk in a chilled wide-mouth glass. Place a 2 oz. scoop of ice cream in the milk. Dust the top of the ice cream with the shaker of cocoa. Serve chocolate milk float alongside churros as dipping sauce.