Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad
- 6 oz. Red Beets
- 2 oz. Markon Navel Oranges, peeled and sliced into supremes
- 2 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Wild Baby Arugula
- 1 ½ oz. Radicchio, trimmed with core removed and sliced
- ½ oz. Lemon Olive Oil Dressing, placed in a squeeze bottle
- 2 ct. Markon Lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 qt. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 1 oz. Goat Cheese
- 1 oz. GFS Walnut Halves, toasted
- 1 tsp. Markon Fresh Chives, sliced 1 in. long on the bias
Lemon Olive Oil Dressing, placed in a squeeze bottle
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Place olive oil, 4 oz. lemon juice, 3 Tbsp. lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. 1] Place beets on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast in a 350oF oven for 50-60 minutes, or until just cooked through. Let cool. 2] Remove skin from beets. Slice into 1/8 in. thick strips. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
To prepare à la carte:
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. 1] Place 2 oz. of arugula and 1 ½ oz. of radicchio in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of lemon olive oil dressing over the salad mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended. Mound in a chilled serving bowl. 2] Top salad with 2 oz. of orange supremes, 2 oz. of beets, 1 oz. of goat cheese, ½ oz. of walnuts and 7-8 pieces of chive.