Shaved Crudites Salad with Plums
YieldMakes 1 8-oz. serving.
- 2 c. GFS Organic Rainbow Carrots
- 1 c. Markon Celery
- 3 Tbsp. Markon Fennel
- 1 Tbsp. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Radish
- ¾ c. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Baby Arugula
- 1½ oz. Red Plums
- 2⅔ Tbsp. Grape Tomato Medley
- to taste Kosher Salt
- 2 oz. Pepper Mill Green Goddess Dressing
1. Fill a 2 gal. storage container ¾ full with ice water.
2. Trim and peel carrots.
3. Trim the celery ribs into full length ribs (reserve the leaves for garnish).
4. Trim the fennel bulb and stalks (reserve the fennel fronds for garnish).
5. Using a mandoline, shave the carrots, celery, fennel and radish lengthwise to 1/16” thickness.
6. Reserve all the ribbons in ice water and refrigerate until the ribbons curl.
7. Strain the ice water and place the shaved crudites in a storage container lined with a perforated insert to drain the excess water.
8. Cover the crudites with a lightly dampened paper towel, followed by film wrap and refrigerate until needed.
9. Cut the plums in half and twist to remove the stone. Cut each half into quarters and reserve.
10. Cut the tomatoes in half and reserve.
11. To plate, place arugula on a plate, followed by the shaved vegetables.
12. Add the plums and tomatoes.
13. Garnish with the fennel fronds and the celery leaves.
14. Before serving, sprinkle sea salt over the shaved vegetables and serve with a side of green goddess dressing.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Fat: 12 g.
Saturated Fat: 2 g.
Trans Fat: 0 g.
Sodium: 358 mg.
Carbohydrates: 18 g.
Protein: 2 g.