Shrimp Cilantro Chutney Salad
YieldMakes 24 14-oz. portions.
- 1 lb. GFS Lentils
- 4½ c. Recipe: Cilantro Chutney
- 1 lb. Poblano Peppers
- ¼ lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions
- 1 oz. Markon Mint Leaves
- 2 c. GFS Granulated Peanuts
- ½ c. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ c. GFS Granulated Sugar
- 3 ct. Markon Limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger Root, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed Garlic
- to taste Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala Spice Blend
- 1 c. Water, hot
- 3 c. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 lb. White Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined Tail-On, Headless, 26-30 Count per Pound, thawed
- ¼ c. Trade East Ground Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Ground Turmeric
- to taste GFS Iodized Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 6 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Aromatic Herbs & Tender Greens Salad Blend
- 1¼ lb. Markon Roma Tomatoes, sliced in strips lengthwise
- 12 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Radishes, julienned
Recipe: Cilantro Chutney
1. Char all sides of the whole peppers on an open range burner over medium-low flame. Place in an uncovered hotel pan in a single layer. Refrigerate until cool.
2. Cut peppers open lengthwise. Discard the top of the core. Remove seeds. Scrape charred skin off of the outside using a paring knife. Wipe excess charred skin or seeds off with a paper towel. Small dice. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the cilantro, green onions, mint, peanuts, olive oil, sugar, lime juice, ginger, garlic, salt and garam masala to the peppers. Mix thoroughly.
4. In small batches, finely chop in a food processor. Place in a second mixing bowl. Add the water. Mix thoroughly. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1. Simmer lentils in salted water 12 minutes until tender but firm to the bite. Strain and rinse under cold water. Dry lentils on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
2. In batches, place the dried lentils in a fine mesh strainer and deep-fry at 350°F for 45 seconds or until crispy. Drain on paper towel. Place in a storage container. Cover until needed.
3. Place 4½ c. of cilantro chutney in a mixing bowl. Whisk 1¼ c. of olive oil into the chutney. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
4. Pat the shrimp with paper towel to remove moisture. Place in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper. Mix using a rubber spatula. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Sauté 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and 7 shrimp until just cooked through.
2. Place 4 oz. of greens and herbs in a chilled mixing bowl. Drizzle 1½ oz. of cilantro chutney on the greens. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to blend.
3. Mound the greens on a chilled plate. Place ⅗ oz. of tomatoes and ½ oz. of radishes on the greens. Sprinkle with 1 oz. of crispy lentils. Stand the shrimp, tails up, around the base of the salad.
Stats per Serving
Calories: 510 Fat: 36 g. Saturated Fat: 5 g. Trans Fat: 0 g. Sodium: 1,090 mg. Carbohydrates: 21 g. Protein: 25 g.